Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day

The kids went back to school today - it was bittersweet for me. I was almost ready - still had a few things on my list left to do (like night games, can you believe we haven't played night games at all this summer) - but the boys were super excited for school to start again. We live in the perfect location for school - I watch them walk in the front door from my front yard. Here are the "posed first day of school" pictures.
I don't fight battles with Miles anymore unless I deem them worthy of my effort. I have told him that plaid and stripes really don't go together, but he seems to think otherwise. So here he is in his plaid shorts and striped shirt.
Ethan was so excited to do bottle rockets that he wouldn't even put the bottle in his backpack - he insisted on carrying it.

The girls had a great "first day of school for the boys" too! They started it off with a 3+ hour nap. Yes, you read that right - they both slept for over 3 hours. I laid them down right after the boys left at 9:00 and Piper was the first one up around 12:15. Abby and I cleaned, read and colored - it was nice to have some one on one time with her again. We went to the fountains after lunch and let the little girls play - all three of them loved it and all three were completely soaked when we were done. Here is the highlight of the twins day.
Paige is laughing here - not a great shot, but she was having a blast.

The highlight of Abby's day was either helping mom make the after school snack (brownies)...
or eating it with her brothers.
Ethan's highlight was of course shooting off the bottle rockets, and we got an indepth description on how much water to put in the bottle to make it go the highest. Miles's highlight was sharing 5 items with the class that represented who he was (he put a golf ball, googles, a chess piece, lego's and a pez dispenser in his little bag). My highlight was that the house is cleaner than it has been in 3 or so months:)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad I'm not the only one who has given up on the outfit battle!