Saturday, December 25, 2010

Temple Square

We went to Temple Square Thursday to see the lights. It started off magical - as we were walking from the parking lot to the temple we could hear the faint sound of bagpipes. I had major flashbacks to Scotland - there were many times when I could hear bagpipe music while we were out knocking on doors - but rarely did I ever see the piper. This time I saw the piper - he was right in front of the temple gates and was mixing Christmas tunes in with the "normal" pipe music. The boys even got a treat when he broke out in some of the Star Wars songs. I could have stayed all night just to listen to him - but kids pulled me away and onto the lights.
The twins really liked the lights - they love to drive around town and see the lights too - and the boys were somewhat impressed as well (it has been a few years since we were last here). Here is a picture - can't capture the lights, but at least you can see that we were there.
If you noticed we were missing someone - this is why.
I have yet to find a way to get Abby to cooperate when she decides she doesn't want to. I guess I probably don't need to tell you that we didn't stay too long - but it was a fun night and I am glad we made the effort to go.

1 comment:

Apryl said...

Gretchen just saw the picture of Abby & wants to know if Abby is sad because her momma said her have no candy? (If you figure out a trick for Abby, let me know. I have the same problem with my girls. Sigh.)