Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break (part II)

The kids were out of school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - I wasn't, so when Grandma and Grandpa Gilmore invited them to come and visit - we said OK. They had a great time with Grandma, Grandpa, cousins and their dad - some of their highlights include swimming, shopping with Grandma, watching "How to Train Your Dragon" in digital 3-D, coloring easter eggs, having an easter egg hunt and playing the X-box (all Miles can talk about is how he was one of the first "boys" to play the Toy Story 3 game - thanks Uncle Ian- and thanks for fixing my computer as well) . Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Abby loves to color everything right now (including our wooden blocks and her bed) so it was no surprise that she loved this activity.
On their shopping trip with Grandma, the kids talked her into buying stuff for a seafood jambalaya - Ethan really ate this and yes it is octopus.
Here is Miles eating something slimy as well - I thought I prided myself on liking seafood, but I guess I am more of a plain fish person - I have no desire to try squid (I think they call it calamari) or the octopus. The kids said it was good though - I will take their word for it.

Well - as nice as it was to have a bit of a break - I was sure anxious to have them back. I did start to question that thinking though after they had been in the car for 10 minutes. Abby started crying because she wasn't wearing socks (why is it that she goes all day without socks, but cries for me when I wasn't even the one who got her dressed?). We pulled over, found her socks and put them on and that bought me 10 more minutes of peace until she decided she needed a drink - desperately. So the trip home was a "bit" hard - and poor Paige and Piper - I thought they would like to have their sister there to entertain them a bit, but between Abby's feet on their heads and her sucker stuck in their hair, they weren't so sure they were happy to see her. I hope that a good night's sleep will help the poor girl- her dad always says she is so well behaved, but I don't believe him.

1 comment:

The Malcom Family said...

Little girls have a way of wrapping their dad's around their fingers, and in their eyes they can do know wrong. At least that is how it works at our house.