Friday, April 16, 2010

Abbyisms!

I am sure the boys used to come up with cute sayings when they were younger and I really wished I had been better at writing them down - but I am going to document some of the recent things that have come out of Abby's mouth.
I have been watching a couple of kids on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings when I don't have school. It has worked out great for Abby - since the babies both have naps in the morning, she now has friends to play with while they sleep. Well, this morning, Abby and Gabe were playing catch with a beach ball in the family room and I was trying to wash a few dishes. I could hear Abby saying "Great catch, Gabe" - everytime he caught the ball. Then as I listened more carefully it sounded like she was telling someone else "great catch" as well as Gabe. So I went in to see what was happening and haven't been able to stop laughing since - Gabe would catch the ball and Abby would say "Great catch, Gabe", then Gabe would throw the ball to Abby. She would NOT catch the ball and say "Great catch, ground". I once thought she might be my athlete - maybe not - but at least she is a "great" sport!
The other day, when I picked her up at my mom's - my mom had offered Abby some chocolate to which Abby responded "I am all over chocolate". The funniest thing about that is that I don't talk like that, the boys don't talk like that and so I am not sure where she picked it up - but evidently the girl likes chocolate.
I will be adding to this post as I remember the latest sayings - she can be quite cute (when she is not hungry or tired:).

No comments: