Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SUU Track Meet

The kids and I all went to the SUU track meet a couple of weeks ago. It was freezing cold -just like the old days (I remember it snowing for the SUU invitational more than once in my 4 years running there). I still enjoyed watching it though, wish I could say the same about the kids (we didn't make it to the end of the meet). I was inspired to start running again (that and the fact that I have already registered to run the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon in July) - so I have been running on my little treadmill after I get the kids to bed. My treadmill told me that it takes me 9 minutes and 15 seconds to run a mile - that was the night before Miles came home from school and told me he had run the mile in 9 minutes and 2 seconds for PE that day. I never thought I would see the day when my kids are faster than me - so I am sure the treadmill was wrong. Anyway, back to the track meet - here is a picture of Abby with her Sunbeam teacher, Sharla Manuele (a whole new story, but the primary finally let me put Abby in Sunbeams after a rough 4 months in Nursery after all her friends moved up to Sunbeams - she is a January birthday and only missed the cut-off by days). Her teacher has been shattering records all year and is already training for the olympic trials in a couple years - she is great!!!!

1 comment:

The Hojnackes said...

I am nowhere near that speed yet! I am training to run a half in November. This is my third attempt. No pregnancy or surgery to hold me back this time! Maybe one day we can run together. :)