Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break

I had a to-do list of over 20 things that I really wanted to get done over spring break - instead this is what I did. I might have been a bit behind on laundry - here is what my couch looked like after 4 loads of laundry (I still had a load in the washer and in the dryer) - and you don't even see the 3 loads of bedding that I did the day before.
And I have boys who love to fold socks (OK - they might just like to have sock wars, but they have to fold the socks first, so they don't complain). For those of you who have never heard of sock wars - it is simple, you throw the socks as hard as you can at the other person and get a point if you hit them. I am a big fan of the sock war because the rules are - they fold all the socks, they can only use their own socks as missiles (that way half of the socks get put away before the war begins), and they have to put their socks away after the war (and refold any socks that come undone).
So - Spring Break is over and I am still behind - the only two things that I crossed off the list were Caleb's birthday package mailed and boys signed up for baseball. I also made progress on getting the boys to do their science fair projects and we are half-way done with the cub scout space derby rocket. Oh well - there will be a day when I am able to accomplish something again right???

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hey Heidi! I blog-stalked you down, sorry, but I just wanted to let you know that Fawn brought down some more twin clothes for you. Let me know when would be a good time to drop them by. Also,I don't know if you have heard but they are doing a Cedar City half-marathon in September. I am totally serious about my offer to have my niece babysit for us for long runs if you are interested!

Unknown said...

I'm just impressed with how clean your carpet is around the couch.

Heidi Gilmore said...

Chelsea - I am glad you found me - I can come get the clothes if it is easier for you - otherwise I only have one class right now from 3-4 and I am usually home before that (trying to get the girls in some sort of napping schedule). I did hear about the 1/2 marathon - do you know where the course is? I signed up for the Bryce Canyon Half last week - I figured if I paid the money, maybe I would be better about training? I would love to run with you sometime though.

Jenny - the twins are at the stage where everything on the floor goes straight in their mouths - so we vacuum here 2-3 times a day. This is the only room in my house that is clean - I promise.