Sunday, February 12, 2012

Talent Show

The boys' elementary school had a talent show a couple weeks ago.  They were both excited to work on pieces for it.  Miles chose to play an arrangement of "Secrets" by OneRepublic on the cello (he also rapped a song with a few of his classmates).  Ethan played a Sonatina by Benda on the piano.  I was able to get someone to cover a class for me so I could go and hear them - they both did great.  I just got a new camera and was excited to use it.  Turns out that it records video in high definition (which uses tons of memory).  I had recorded both Miles and Ethan's individual pieces, but realized as I started to record his rap number that the memory was filled up.  I knew that he would want that number the most so I deleted the cello solo.  By the time I did this the other number was almost done as well - so Miles wasn't real happy with me at the end of the show:(.  Anyway - we recorded his cello solo here at home - here it is.

3 comments:

Mariam said...

Well Done! Heidi, you are amazing.

destiny said...

That was really good. Jocelyn is starting the cello in the fall. Your kids are super talented like you!

P.s. I need your phone number. I tried to call you and I am pretty sure it was the wrong number. please email it to me! dddg81(@)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Good song choice too....