Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Notes

Conference weekend has always been a favorite of mine. When I was little, General Conference was a synonymn for really good breakfast and staying in pajamas all day. Now it still means that I get to stay in my pajamas all day (and make the good breakfast), but I really look forward to the messages that are shared. Well, in order to hear the messages myself this year, I made little General Conference books designed to keep the kids busy as well as helping them to listen to the talks. Well, I amazed even myself at how well the books worked with keeping the kids busy and quiet - especially Miles - that is until I asked to see his book. This is a sample of what I found -
Yep - Pokemon People. Looking around at the house now, I am wishing that I could have back the 2 hours I spent preparing the books. I could get a lot cleaned in 2 hours. Oh well - the kids were relatively quiet so I enjoyed Conference, which was one of my goals in doing the books - so therefore the books were a success - right?

2 comments:

Christelle said...

Yes, the books were definitely a success. I "paid" Olivia and Henry for every word they heard and put a check mark by. For every word I gave them an M&M. Next time I'll try to find pictures for each word and that way I won't have to help Henry.

Sara said...

Pierce used to draw tanks and battles during Sacrament Meeting.... But, like you said, sometimes it is OK if you get to hear what is said. They'll want to listen soon enough--I hope!